The AA reckons spring is a good time to check your car and get it ready for summer:
- Clean it – give it a good clean inside and out
- Keep it cool – Check your cooling system for leaks and make sure hoses are secure and in good condition. You don't want your car overheating in the middle of summer afternoon rush hour.
- Check your oil – you should get the oil and oil filter changed every year
- Check your cambelt and fanbelts – look under the bonnet for when your cambelt was last checked
- Spark plugs – make sure they are not worn
- Tyres – check the tread and tyre pressure and that your spare tyre is ok as well. Low tyre pressure can contribute to blow-outs on hot day.
Source and full story: AA Blog